NCH is hosting a free community health seminar titled: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) – Not Always a Benign Problem.
This program is for anyone interested in learning the facts about heartburn.
- When should heartburn symptoms be evaluated by a physician?
- When should endoscopy be done?
- How is endoscopy done?
- What is Barrett’s esophagus?
- What is the relationship between heartburn, Barrett’s esophagus, and esophageal cancer?
- What are the newer non-surgical treatments for Barrett’s esophagus?
- Can esophageal cancer be cured?
These topics and others will be addressed.
Facilitated by Willis Parsons, MD, Board-Certified Gastroenterologist and Medical Director of the NCH Gastroenterology Center.
Online at nch.org/heartburn or call HealthConnection at 847-618-4YOU (4968).
Space is limited. Please register early. Refreshments will be served.